Volunteers needed at the PACE for Girls organization
For further information contact Betty Blackwell
Group Volunteer Activities at the Center
Assist with Decor for the Inaugural BOO Ball
- PACE Lee will be hosting its inaugural BOO Ball on October 22nd; volunteer groups are needed to help assemble decor, centerpieces, etc.
- Artist Judy Cutler can facilitate "Decorating Parties" and will supply materials and instructions; volunteer groups will come together to assemble pieces
- Volunteers will also be needed the day of the event (Oct. 22nd) for set-up and/or tear-down at the Sidney & Berne Davis Center, as well as registration, raffle sales, etc.
Sponsor the PACE Thanksgiving Celebration
Friday, November 18th, 2016
- Volunteers work with PACE Board of Directors to help provide and serve Thanksgiving meal (requested items include sides, drinks, desserts, etc.)
- Community Cooperative provides turkeys & stuffing
Sponsor the PACE Holiday Celebration
December, Date TBD
- Volunteers can provide decor and decorate center (waiting room, cafeteria, etc.)
- Volunteers can purchase items for the Love That Dress! Boutique (such as gift cards, beauty supplies, clothes, art supplies, etc.) that are used for the girls’ incentive program and holiday shopping.
- Volunteers can help by providing food and snacks for the girls’ holiday party
Assist with Grande Dames Tea
Tuesday, May 14th, 2017
Assist with PACE Prom
- Assist with set-up and/or tear-down of the event at the Broadway Palm Dinner Theatre
- Assist with registration, greeting, raffle sales, seating, etc.
- Friday, May 5th, 2017
- Volunteers need to help set-up and/or tear-down decorations at the YMCA in Fort Myers, as well as serve food during Prom, Chaperone, etc.
Volunteer To Do list around the Center
- Building Maintenance
- Grounds beautification
- Weed front & back of building
- Pick up trash around entire outside of building
- Deep clean kitchen
LTD! Boutique (aka the "Points Store")
- Sort & Organize Clothing
- Price all clothing with tag gun & all other items with stickers
- Display all new items
- Select Day to have volunteer group help with re-arranging Point Store
- Deep clean kitchen (remove all shelving
If you're a Service Leadership volunteer or a parent, you may find it difficult to keep up with all the acronyms and abbreviations your kids use when communicating with their friends. While it might be a challenge to learn all the slang kids use, some terms are especially important to know. For example:
|420||Marijuana||53x||Sex||CD9 ||Parents are watching
Click here to go to a list of the most important slang terms, acronyms, abbreviations, that parents should learn.